The board’s structure and composition complies with the provisions of the 2016 UK Corporate Governance Code. The board currently consists of two executive and four non-executive directors including the chairman, all of whom are considered by the board to be independent.
- David McManusNon-Executive ChairmanDavid is a petroleum engineer with a degree from Heriott Watt University with over 35 years experience in the Oil and Gas industry, with Shell, Ultramar, ARCO and BG group. He has extensive project management and commercial expertise at high level.
Appointed to BoardSeptember 2010
Director: Hess Corporation Director: Costain plc
- Sam MoodyChief Executive OfficerSam is a co-founder of Rockhopper and has been responsible for building and managing the group from its formation in early 2004. He previously worked in several roles within the financial sector, including positions at AXA Equity & Law Investment Management and St Paul’s Investment Management.
Appointed to BoardFebruary 2005
Director: Greenland Gas & Oil Limited
- Stewart MacDonaldChief Financial OfficerStewart has 15 years of energy and corporate finance experience. Prior to joining Rockhopper, Stewart was a Director in Rothschild’s global oil and gas group and spent 12 years advising exploration and production companies, oil majors and national oil companies on a range of M&A transactions as well as debt and equity financings. Between 2008 and 2010, he was based in Rothschild's Sydney office advising energy and natural resource companies on a range of cross-border transactions in Asia Pacific.
Appointed to BoardMarch 2014
- John SummersNon-Executive DirectorDr John Summers is a geologist with degrees from the University of Liverpool. He worked for British Gas/BG Group plc for 29 years holding a variety of roles from Exploration Manager, Vice President Exploration, Chief Geologist, General Manager Technology and Performance and VP New Ventures.
Appointed to BoardFebruary 2014
- Keith LoughSenior Independent DirectorKeith has over 30 years experience in the natural resources sector in both senior finance and general management roles with LASMO, Petrokazakhstan, British Energy and Hutton Energy. He was also a founder shareholder and CEO of unconventional gas explorer Composite Energy Limited. Keith was previously Chairman of Gulf Keystone Petroleum.
Appointed to BoardJanuary 2014
Director: Cairn Energy plc Director: UK Gas and Electricity Markets Authority Director: Hunting PLC
- Tim BushellNon-Executive DirectorTim is a qualified geologist with more than 30 years’ experience in the oil and gas industry. He worked at Ultramar, British Gas and Schlumberger and was with Lasmo for 10 years where his roles included General Manager of its South Atlantic business unit which participated in the drilling campaign in the North Falkland Basin in 1998. Tim was Managing Director, Norway at Paladin Resources plc from 2001 until joining Falkland and Gas Limited in 2006 where he was Chief Executive Officer.
Appointed to BoardJanuary 2016
Director: Point Resources AS Director: Petro Matad Limited
Director: Genel Energy plc