Rockhopper is committed to the highest standards of business dealings and health, safety and environmental performance across its business. Health and safety of people and protection of the environment and assets is critical to the overall success of our company.
This is achieved through:
- Strong leadership and clearly defined responsibilities and accountabilities for HSE at all levels of the organisation;
- Selection of competent personnel to manage activities;
- Compliance with regulatory and other applicable requirements, or where regulations do not exist, application of industry standards;
- Identifying, assessing and managing HSE risks and preventing pollution;
- Developing specific HSE plans for each operational project;
- Selecting competent contractors and ensuring that they are effectively managed;
- Preparing and testing response plans to ensure that any incident can be quickly and efficiently controlled,
reported and investigated to prevent recurrence;
- Continual improvement of HSE performance through monitoring, regular reporting and periodic audits;
- Periodic management reviews to identify and implement improvements to our HSE systems.
This policy is implemented through our HSE Management System, which has been prepared to be consistent with international standards for HSE management including ISO14001 and ISO18001.
Our HSE Management System is used to guide all our activities and will not be compromised by other business priorities.
Application of the HSE Management System will include preparation of detailed Environmental Impact Statements (“EISs”) for all of the Group’s activities. The preparation of the EIS includes consultation with interested parties and the local Government as well as public meetings to present findings and obtain feedback from the local community.
For our non operated ventures one of our key roles is to seek to ensure (wherever possible) that the operator maintains high standards of HSE protection in line with our management systems.
Where we have operating responsibility all contractors are selected taking into account their skills, experience and HSE performance. There is a contractor selection and management section in the HSE management system and we are closely involved in day-to-day operations and closely monitor contractor performance