The board’s structure and composition complies with the provisions of the 2014 UK Corporate Governance Code. The board currently consists of three executive and five non-executive directors including the chairman, five of whom are independent.
- David McManusNon-Executive ChairmanDavid is a petroleum engineer with a degree from Heriott Watt University with over 35 years experience in the Oil and Gas industry, with Shell, Ultramar, ARCO and BG group.
Appointed to BoardSeptember 2010
Director: Hess Corporation Director: Costain plc Chairman: FLEX LNG
- Sam MoodyChief Executive OfficerSam is a co-founder of Rockhopper and has been responsible for building and managing the group from its formation in early 2004. He previously worked in several roles within the financial sector, including positions at AXA Equity & Law Investment Management and St Paul’s Investment Management.
Appointed to BoardFebruary 2005
Director: Greenland Gas & Oil Limited
- Stewart MacDonaldChief Financial OfficerStewart has 15 years of energy and corporate finance experience. Prior to joining Rockhopper, Stewart was a Director in Rothschild’s global oil and gas group and spent 12 years advising exploration and production companies, oil majors and national oil companies on a range of M&A transactions as well as debt and equity financings. Between 2008 and 2010, he was based in Rothschild's Sydney office advising energy and natural resource companies on a range of cross-border transactions in Asia Pacific.
Appointed to BoardMarch 2014
- Fiona MacAulayChief Operating OfficerFiona is a geologist with over 25 years of experience in the oil and gas industry including time at Mobil, Amerada Hess and BG. She joined Rockhopper in 2010 immediately following the Sea Lion discovery and was an integral member of the senior team which managed the appraisal of the Sea Lion field and discovered the Casper, Casper South and Beverley fields.
Appointed to BoardMarch 2013
- John MartinNon-Executive DirectorJohn has more than 30 years’ experience in international banking in the oil and gas industry. He worked at ABN Amro for 26 years specialising in the oil and gas sector after which he joined Standard Chartered Bank where he was a Senior Managing Director in the Oil & Gas group. He was previously a Non-Executive Director of Total Upstream UK Limited and Chairman of Falkland Oil and Gas Limited.
Appointed to BoardJanuary 2016
Director: Bowleven plc Senior Vice President: World Petroleum Council
- John SummersNon-Executive DirectorDr John Summers is a geologist with degrees from the University of Liverpool. He worked for British Gas/BG Group plc for 29 years holding a variety of roles from Exploration Manager, Vice President Exploration, Chief Geologist, General Manager Technology and Performance and VP New Ventures.
Appointed to BoardFebruary 2014
- Keith LoughSenior Independent DirectorKeith has over 30 years experience in the natural resources sector in both senior finance and general management roles with LASMO, Petrokazakhstan, British Energy and Hutton Energy. He was also a founder shareholder and CEO of unconventional gas explorer Composite Energy Limited.
Appointed to BoardJanuary 2014
Chairman: Gulf Keystone Petroleum Ltd Director: Cairn Energy plc Director: UK Gas and Electricity Markets Authority
- Tim BushellNon-Executive DirectorTim is a qualified geologist with more than 30 years’ experience in the oil and gas industry. He worked at Ultramar, British Gas and Schlumberger and was with Lasmo for 10 years where his roles included General Manager of its South Atlantic business unit which participated in the drilling campaign in the North Falkland Basin in 1998. Tim was Managing Director, Norway at Paladin Resources plc from 2001 until joining Falkland and Gas Limited in 2006 where he was Chief Executive Officer.
Appointed to BoardJanuary 2016
Director: Point Resources AS